Commonwealth Care Alliance Job Details: Clinical Education & Learning Advisor in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Job Details: Clinical Education & Learning Advisor
- Vacancy NoVN2289
Posting TitleClinical Education & Learning Advisor
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Clinical Education & Learning Advisor is a collaborative position reporting to the Director of Clinical Education and Workforce Learning at Commonwealth Care Alliance.
This position is responsible for designing and implementing CCA-specific nutrition and health related education programs independently and in collaboration with the Health Education Team (HET), Registered Dietitian, Diabetes Nurse Specialist, Clinical Education Managers and Clinical Education Program Manager.
The Clinical Education & Learning Advisor is responsible for coordinating; in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Education & Workforce Learning the Annual Clinical Best Practice conference, an enterprise-wide educational event that brings clinicians together across regional sites and external affiliates in order to enhance cross-disciplinary learning and inter-professional team dynamic.
Additionally this role supports the CME (Continuing Medical Education) processes and activities around managing workshop/seminar registration and CME certificates awarded to participants in the educational activities.
1) Health Education Team
• Collaborate with the Health Education and Clinical Education and Staff Development Teams; Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Nurse Specialist in developing and implementing CCA-specific chronic disease management and nutrition education events
• Organize and leads member health education workshops
• Develop curriculum in collaboration with HET team for members’ Busy Hands Healing Minds workshops
• Monitoring of nutrition projects (field visit, regular program/workshop monitoring, budget forecast and follow up, statistics follow up report, etc.)
2) Education & Trainings Activities
• Develop and disseminate standardized communications promoting CE events
• Develop educational offerings around health education
Collaboration with Health Outreach Workers in developing member workshop
Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Educational Experience • Master’s degree highly preferred
Minimum Years’ Experience Required 5 years
Minimum Experience • Certification as a Leader in Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs
• Qualification in public health, nutrition or related subject is highly desirable.
• At least 5 years of job related experience and comprehensive knowledge in job-related area of business.
Please note employment with CCA is contingent upon acceptable professional references, a background check (including Mass CORI, employment, education, criminal check, and driving record, (if applicable)), an OIG Report and verification of a valid MA/RN license (if applicable).
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
CCA is committed to protecting the health of our workforce and our members, and we encourage flu vaccination in accordance with CDC recommendations. Individuals working in clinical care areas or in direct contact with members must provide documentation of flu vaccination, or wear a mask during flu season whenever engaged in member-facing activities.