Tenet Healthcare Clinical Educator Days Per Diem in Framingham, Massachusetts
Clinical Educator Days Per Diem - 2105028746
1. Under the general direction of the Director of Education, is responsible for providing educational programming for orientees and nursing staff.
2. Develops, implements, and evaluates programs.
3. Coordinates regular activities within the Education Department.
4. Performs associated administrative activities in the absence of the Director.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teaching - Plans a course/aspect of a course which meets individual needs, interests, abilities, and learning styles of students. Procures and organizes materials, equipment, and supplies in advance and in readiness for use in class. Teaches toward the defined objectives of content. Designs activities, assignments, and testing appropriate to learning goals and anticipated student outcomes. Uses principles of adult learning in association with staff. Develops a classroom atmosphere conducive to active participation, creative expression, and learning styles of learners. Manages classroom in an effective manner. Teaches BLS on a regular basis.
2. Clinical Practice - Identifies specific strengths and weaknesses of learners. Acts as a resource for clinical practice. Conducts inservice education based upon recommendations from the Quality Improvement Committee/unit representatives, Education Council, Management, and needs assessments.
3. Research/Evaluation - Assesses and identifies relevant researchable clinical nursing problems with staff. Disseminates patient research developments in area of specialization. Evaluates the impact of various interventions on patient care and nursing practice. Uses current research in teaching, ensuring that content is current and reflects trends in the healthcare system.
4. Consultation/Communication - Collaborates with nursing and other healthcare professionals in the establishment of goals and implementation of the plan of care. Collaborates with Nurse Managers to facilitate the professional growth of staff. Provides leadership in the formulation of policies and procedures which are related to area of specialization. Participates in quality improvement programs related to area of specialization. Provides information and expertise in area of specialization. Responds to requests/concerns. Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with managers, support personnel, and learners.
5. Coordination of Educational Activities - Coordinates orientations and/or American Heart Association programs. Ensures that supplies, A.V. materials, and room bookings are complete/scheduled. Makes rounds at both hospitals following a regular schedule.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required.
2. Master’s Degree in nursing specialty preferred.
1. Current licensure to practice nursing in Massachusetts.
2. Current BCLS and ACLS certification.
1. Minimum of five years of teaching experience and evidence of clinical competence in area of instruction required.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105028746