Tenet Healthcare Clinical Educator PeriOperative Services Metrowest Medical Center FT in Framingham, Massachusetts
Under the generaldirection of the Sr. Director of Perioperative Service, the Perioperative NurseEducator is responsible for providing educational programming for orientees andnursing staff as well as patients and families. Develops, implements, and evaluates programs. Coordinates regular activities withinthe Perioperative Department. Performs associated administrative activities in the absence of the Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaching - Plans a course/aspect of a course whichmeets individual needs, interests, abilities, and learning styles ofstudents. Procures and organizesmaterials, equipment, and supplies in advance and in readiness for use inclass. Teaches toward the definedobjectives of content. Designsactivities, assignments, and testing appropriate to learning goals andanticipated student outcomes. Usesprinciples of adult learning in association with staff. Develops a classroom atmosphere conducive toactive participation, creative expression, and learning styles oflearners. Manages classroom in aneffective manner.
2. Clinical Practice -Identifies specific strengths and weaknesses of learners. Acts as a resource for clinicalpractice. Conducts inservice educationbased upon recommendations from the Quality Improvement Committee/unitrepresentatives, Education Council, Management, and needs assessments.
3. Research/Evaluation -Assesses and identifies relevant researchable clinical nursing problems withstaff. Disseminates patient researchdevelopments in area of specialization. Evaluatesthe impact of various interventions on patient care and nursing practice. Uses current research in teaching, ensuringthat content is current and reflects trends in the healthcare system.
4. Consultation/Communication -Collaborates with nursing and other healthcare professionals in theestablishment of goals and implementation of the plan of care. Collaborates with management to facilitatethe professional growth of staff. Provides leadership in the formulation of policies and procedures whichare related to area of specialization. Participates in quality improvement programs related to area ofspecialization. Provides information andexpertise in area of specialization. Responds to requests/concerns. Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with managers, supportpersonnel, and learners.
5 Coordination of Educational Activities - CoordinatesChildbirth Education programs. Ensures that supplies, A.V. materials, and room bookings arecomplete/scheduled. Makes rounds withinthe department on a regular schedule.
6. Collaborates with the Deans and Professorsfrom the various technical colleges who use MWMC as a clinical teachingsite.
7. Tissue Coordinator for the 2 Campuses
Oversees the compliance ofregulations pertaining to the acquisition, receipt, storage, implantation,documentation, and recall of human tissue used at MWMC
8. BLS Instructor
Master’s Degreein nursing specialty required.
Current licensureto practice nursing in Massachusetts.
Current BCLSand ACLS certification.
Minimum of fiveyears of teaching experience and evidence of clinical competence in area ofinstruction required.
Organization: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Title: Clinical Educator PeriOperative Services Metrowest Medical Center FT
Requisition ID: 1905035528