Heywood Hospital Clinical Nurse Educator, Department of Educational Resources in Gardner, Massachusetts
Provides education sessions to staff for ACLS, BDC, and CPR classes.
- BSN required.
- Master’s degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Education experience preferred
- Critical care experience preferred
Minimum Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse, Current MA RN License
- AHA BLS required
- BDC, ACLS and PALS preferred
- Preferred instructor license for CPR/ACLS/PALS or willingness to become an instructor.
- Computer skills required
- Strong clinical & interpersonal skills required
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, initiative, self-confidence, self-control, customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, effectiveness, teamwork, impact and influence, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Participates in the delivery of monthly PCS Orientation content and the follow-up of participants to ensure the transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Participates in the competency assessment of Patient Care Service employees, as well as, plans, designs, implements and evaluates programs to meet the educational needs revealed in the competency assessment.
- Oversees/implements annual generic skills and competencies
- Collaborates with the Director of PCS PI/Infection Control, Nurse Managers and the multidisciplinary healthcare team regarding the delivery of patient care, including decision-making regarding staff learning needs, providing individual counseling & guidance for identified educational needs, evaluating the performance of employees, appropriately recommending extensions of probationary periods and/or the continued employment of staff and identifying and assisting with remediation.
- Functions as a Clinical Resource/Consultant and expert clinician for staff, Director of PCS PI/Infection Control, managers, medical staff, students, clinical instructors, patients and families and throughout the healthcare system.
- Coordinates/ implements the RN Clinical Internship program.
- Acts as a clinical resource and consultant to staff, preceptors, managers and nursing program instructors.
- Coordinates in-services, educational programs related to new products, policy and procedure, and medications identified assessed needs.
- Participates in activities and committees related to performance improvement and nursing quality activities.
- Utilizes current research and standards of practice when planning and implementing nursing practice changes.
- Teaches CPR, ACLS, BDC, PALS and other programs.
- Acquires the knowledge to keep up with changes in technology and regulations.
- Conducts periodic formal/informal educational needs assessment and identifies resources for meeting these needs.
- Creates program fliers and CEU certificates for Educational opportunities provided by/through Heywood Hospital
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. DPT EDUC. RES.,6440
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 644028400102
Position Hours: 32
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Educator, Department of Educational Resources
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 10/28/2020