Making Opportunity Count Inc Group Leader in Gardner, Massachusetts
BASIC FUNCTION: To support the classroom teachers, thereby enhancing the Child Care and Head Start program for the children enrolled.
Hours: 25-30 hours during the school year August to June and 37.5 hours during school vacations and summer. Working with children ages 5-12 years old.
· Must have High School diploma or GED
· Must be CDA credentialed or enrolled in a CDA program to be completed within two years.
· Access to reliable transportation
· Dependable and Flexible
· Able to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to work with other adults and children
· Willingness to attend job related trainings
· Ability to follow directions
· Exhibit cultural sensitivity
· Bi-lingual staff must be able to speak, write and read in two languages, and assist with translations as necessary.
· Fulfillment of all specific health and safety requirements (staff physical every two years, with evidence of Montoux and MMR test, OSHA, first aid and CPR)
· Must have a suitable Background Record Check (BCR)
· Must be in good physical and mental health and be able to lift children and/or work related equipment, walk, bend, sit on floor and climb stairs
· Follow MOC policies and procedures as described in the Staff Handbook and Personnel Policies as well as the Head Start Program Performance Standards and Dept. of Early Education and Care regulations
· Additional duties as assigned within scope.
RACIAL AND ETHNIC MINORITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. MOC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY IN THE WORKFORCE.