Baystate Health Parent Education Instructor in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Parent Education Instructor has knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of educational programs( Preparation for Childbirth, Sibling Class, Maternity Fitness Exercise, Hospital tours, Infant Feeding Classes, Babysitters Academy, Boot Camp for Dads, Cesarean Birth, Vaginal Birth After Cesarean, Hypnobirthing, Infant Care, Infant Massage, New Moms Support Group, Marvelous Multiples, Grandparents and Pediatric educational and outreach programs) offered through Parent Education that embraces both Women's Services and Baystate Children's Hospital philsophy, goals, and objectives. Assesses and evaluates the educational needs of the client. Utilizes variety of instructional materials and teaching strategies that are appropriate to subject matter being taught and the learning needs of the client. Determines and implements appropriate teaching plan with dignity and respect. Counsels clients in classroom and practice activities as required. Demonstrates Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal relationships with clients, families, visitors, manager, co-workers, and other members of the health care team.
2) Maintains thorough knowledge of current methods, techniques, and practices in Adult, Childbirth, and Parent Education.
3) Participates in the implementation and evaluation of programs offered through Parent Education.
4) Assesses the learning needs of clients and utilizes appropriate teaching strategies to meet the needs of all learners.
5) Demonstrates flexibility and accountability in meeting the needs of the Parent Education department.
6) Maintains Professional/Practice Competency.
Required Work Experience:
1) None if degree in education or one year of experience in related field
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3 years previous teaching experience
2) Childbirth education, parent education, and/or lactation consultant experience
Skills and Compentencies:
1) None Listed
Bachelor of Science: Education (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Childbirth Educator - Various, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant - International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs