Baystate Health Physical Therapist in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
The mission of Baystate Health is “to improve the health of the people in our communities every day, with quality and compassion.” For over 130 years, Baystate has been a keystone of Western Massachusetts as it has evolved, grown, and emerged as one of the highest quality and most effective health care providers in the nation. Baystate Health was named a top 15 Health System in the country by Thompson Reuters; and is a PRC National Excellence in Healthcare Award Winner. Most recently US News and World Reportranked Baystate Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital as the only two hospitals in Massachusetts to achieve top quality ranking for five common procedures and conditions such as total joint replacement and congestive heart failure.
Baystate Health believes that the advancement of knowledge, through education and research, is essential to its mission of improving the health of the communities it serves. Baystate Medical Center has major programs in postgraduate medical education with residencies in Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Psychiatry; along with 22 fellowship programs.
Baystate Health is a forward-thinking organization. With impressive size, scope, and expertise, Baystate Health is the longtime market leader for health care services in western Massachusetts and is financially solid. However, as in most regions of the country, the healthcare landscape in western Massachusetts has shifted as a result of ever-increasing economic pressures and corresponding provider consolidation. Baystate Health is committed to its position as the key provider of tertiary level medical services to the people of Western Massachusetts. At the same time, Baystate Health has embraced a broader mission of promoting better health for the communities it serves and reducing health disparities. Baystate Health is committed to the provision of high value health care and is transforming how it delivers care and educates the next generation of physicians. One example of this is TechSpring, Baystate Health’s digital health care laboratory in downtown Springfield. Founded in June 2014, TechSpring works with entrepreneurs on ways that health care technology can fade into the background and take up less time.
In June 2015, Baystate Health established a new partnership with the UMass Medical School to develop a new regional clinical campus in Springfield, known as the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate (UMMS-Baystate). UMMS-Baystate is now home to UMMS’ four-year Population-based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH) track, which welcomed its inaugural class of 22 medical students in Autumn 2017. Through this innovative program, the three institutions are partnering to strengthen the pipeline of new primary care physicians for the future in Western Massachusetts. These three institutions have also collaborated to create the Institute for Healthcare Delivery & Population Science, to generate and apply new knowledge to transform health care delivery and population health in support of Baystate Health’s strategic goals. The Institute conducts health services research projects in partnership with local, regional, and national stakeholders.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC), located in Greenfield, MA, is an 89-bed community hospital that joined Baystate Health in 1986. The hospital boasts a state-of-the-art surgical center and a new endoscopy center that opened in August 2017. BFMC provides high-quality inpatient and outpatient services to communities in Franklin and Hampshire counties, as well as southern Vermont. Specialized programs include wound care and hyperbaric medicine, heart and vascular care, cancer care, family-centered obstetrical care, sports medicine, specialty medical and surgical services, inpatient behavioral medicine, and 24-hour emergency services.
Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patients capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently.
- Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Evaluates all assigned patients utilizing established department evaluation procedures within 24 hours. Assesses patient needs and discharge plans thru evaluation process. Plans appropriate goals and treatment utilizing results of evaluation and assessment and patient/family goals. Assists patient/family in the acquisition of physician prescribed and other recommended equipment according to established department guidelines. Participates in discharge planning with patient/family and rehab team using professional judgment.
- Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline. Applies treatment consistently with plan. Modifies treatment plan according to patients' abilities. As appropriate, trains patients and family on carryover procedures and use of equipment. Provides safe environment for patient and therapist using universal precautions. Demonstrates empathy in treating patients.
- Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports.
- Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports. As appropriate, includes history, test results, clinical observations, diagnosis statement, prognosis, and recommendations. Documents patients progress toward specified RX goals, diagnosis, change in patient status related to goals and recommendations for progress notes and/or discharge report.
- Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management. As indicated, provides and documents patients and families counseling to enhance understanding of disorder(s) and goals of RX. Completes appropriate consultation with MDs during patients' course of RX. Completes consultation with nursing staff ancillary service and/or outside referring agencies as indicated. Demonstrates empathy in managing patient and family consultations.
- Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments. Submits patient charges and/or crediting within 24 hours. Demonstrates appropriate usage of all department equipment and issuing of equipment. Adheres to department policy for requesting time off. Provides staff coverage during staff shortage for all assigned patients in an efficient manner.
Assist with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns. Assists students in developing inservice. Contributes to the review of and co-signing of all documentation completed by intern. Contributes to intern rating format at midterm and end of internship.
Bachelor’s Degree, PT. MS or Doctorate in PT preferred
- Acute Care Experience
- Experience in evaluation and treatment of acute patient care
- MA PT License required
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. The ideal candidate would have flexibility during the week for occasional fill in and strong availability on the weekends. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83205
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Per Diem