U.S. Army Medical Command Veterinary Medical Officer (Clinical Care), NF-04 in Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
This position is located at Hanscom Air Force Base (AFB)
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within commuting area of Hanscom AFB.
This announcement has been extended to 31 July 2018 with cut-offs. First cut-off will be 03 July 2018, all applications received on or before 02 July will be considered firs
Learn more about this agency
- Performs professional veterinary work that involves the maintenance of wellness in a population of privately owned animals.
- Executes duties in accordance with standardized initiatives and policies. Maintains records in accordance with local and command policy.
- Diagnoses animal health problems; vaccinates against diseases, such as distemper and rabies; medicates animals suffering from infections or illnesses; treats and dresses wounds, seat fractures and advise owners about various topics.
- May perform medical care and treatment or surgery.
- Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Maintains health records and prepares reports as necessary.
- Includes other related duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
0701 Veterinary Medical Science
- Doctor Of Veterinary Medicine (Dvm)
Veterinary Medicine, Doctors Of (Dvm)
Conditions of Employment
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Direct Deposit is required
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events (as requested by management)
- Satisfactorily complete a physical examination (to include all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment) prior to entrance on duty
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments
- Valid social security card and photo ID are required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks to include a Tier 1 or higher investigation if required depending by location.
- Long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA). Possess a state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state). Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening. Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire. Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening. Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
**Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
This vacancy announcement has been extended to 31 August 2018 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time). However, there will be weekly cut-off dates in which applicants will be referred to the Selecting Official. Next cut-off is 31 July 2018.**
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week. Hourly salary is $35.94 to $40.73.
Work schedule to be determined after hire. No TDY, shift work, or holidays.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Please read our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Best Qualified and Integrity.
** Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Veteran Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.**
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- State License (Required), DA 3433, USDA/APHIS Certificate, Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine defree or equivalent degree (required), other employment documents
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: * Cover Letter * DD-214 * State License (Required), DA 3433, USDA/APHIS Certificate, Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine defree or equivalent degree (required), other employment documents * Resume * SF-50 * Transcript
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)10240231 Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
APG NAF HRO GVMP/FSH
AG-NAF-W03HAA US ARMY PUBLIC HEALTH CENTER DO NOT MAIL Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502990200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/20/2018 to 08/31/2018
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 per year Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour workweek. Hourly range is $35.94 to $40.73.
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent