Massachusetts Education Jobs

MassHire JobQuest Logo

Job Information

Girls Inc. of the Valley Program Facilitator Middle & High Scho in Holyoke, Massachusetts

Program Facilitator Middle & High School Program $16/hr (+ $0.48/hr for employees bilingual in Spanish) Temporary: through June 30, 2022 (possibility for renewal) 2 Part-time or 1 Full-time ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Girls Inc. of the Valley delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls* to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Girls Inc. of the Valley is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc. organization, the nation?s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. *See our trans inclusion statement on our website here: POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are looking for 1 full-time or 2 part-time Program Facilitators to join the Middle & High School team for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Middle and High School Program works with students in grades 6-12 at our Program Center and in our school-based programs. Primary responsibilities include group facilitation and group management, program recruitment and administrative tasks. About 70% of programming derives from our Healthy Sexuality curriculum with the remaining 30% encompassing a variety of youth development activities (tutoring, advocacy, life skills, etc). Programs take place primarily during the school day and after-school hours. Some weekends and evenings may be required with advance notice. This position may be subject to transfer to other program departments as needed. QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required Passion for Girls Inc. mission Creative, energetic presence and sharp problem-solving skills An awareness of and commitment to social justice education, gender equity, reproductive justice, trans justice, and anti-racism 2 years of experience working in a summer program, out-of-school environment, school system, or related field Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Zoom Sense of humor and ability to roll with the ever-changing nature of working with youth Priority given to applicants with experience in comprehensive sexuality education, social justice work, and/or mentoring Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Position requires ability to drive a 15-passenger van First Aid/CPR certification, or a willingness to attend training Must be able to pass a CORI & background check To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Sandra Loya at Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position(s) have been filled.