Canyon Ranch SpaClub Fitness Instructor in Lenox, Massachusetts
Canyon Ranch is true health and wellness. We broke ground in Tucson and the category in 1979, and have been leading the way ever since. Expanding our role and our reach.
We are more than just a day at the spa or a one-week vacation. We are the promise of an enhanced life. At Canyon Ranch, our guests expect a transformation of state. But what they experience is a transformation of self. Becoming stronger. Healthier. In tune. Empowered. Truly well. Can you see yourself as part of this.
As a Colleague at Canyon Ranch we will inspire you, challenge you and help you evolve. Isn’t that how all successful careers start? Please introduce yourself to us and allow us to get to know you. Our philosophy includes a safe and healthy environment through maintaining a drug free workplace and smoke free.
We have the perfect job for you as a Fitness Instructor in our Lenox, MA location.
Scope: Primarily responsible for instructing safe, educational and enjoyable fitness classes and private training sessions. Adheres to Canyon Ranch policies and procedures and guest service standards.
- Teaches as either the primary or secondary instructor in class, offering proper body alignment, modifications and supervision of fitness classes according to the Canyon Ranch and industry standards. Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements/exercises depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations.
- Performs individual or group private training sessions. Evaluates individuals’ abilities, needs and physical conditions, and develops suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practices PJICAAN service standards in all guest and staff interactions.
- Fulfills other fitness responsibilities such as supervision of the Exercise & Movement Areas.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Follows all company policies and procedures and actively practices Canyon Ranch PJICAAN service standards.
- Participates in staff meetings and training workshops.
- Maintains scope of practice and refers guests to the appropriate department to meet the guest's needs.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Experience: 1-5 years prior group/class instruction and/or 1-5 years of prior personal training in applicable modality is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to motivate and work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be guest-service oriented and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Displays a professional demeanor, appearance and maintains a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, passionate and embraces the Canyon Ranch mission.
- Takes responsibility for professional development and growth.
- Good communicator, coachable and open to feedback.
- Creative, innovative and forward-thinking.
- Holds oneself accountable.
- Flexible with operational needs on short notice.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner at all times.
- Current CPR/AED certification required.
- Group Exercise: Current group fitness certification required. ACE, ACSM or AFAA are preferred. Other accredited certifications will be considered.
Additional requirements needed if performing the following:
- Personal Training: Current personal training certification required. ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA or AFAA are preferred. Other accredited certifications will be considered.
- Specialty Programming: For those teaching Basic Zumba, Aqua Zumba; Indo-Row Shockwave; VIPR; Zenga; Indoor Cycling and/or Spinning certification is required. Based on current class offerings, additional certification(s) may be required.
- Yoga: Current Yoga Certification required. A minimum of 200 hours registered with Yoga Alliance preferred. Other certifications considered.
Education: A college degree relating to fitness preferred (exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical education, dance, etc.)
About Canyon Ranch
Benefits matter. We believe the experiences that motivate our guests to transform themselves are equally important to everyone who works here. As a colleague at Canyon Ranch you may have:
- Access to dozens of fitness, movement classes and lectures every day
- Use of the gym and everything that goes with it
- You may buy wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
- Reduced tuition to the Life Enhancement Program in Tucson for colleagues and their family members at up to a 90% discount
- Medical plan with generous plan coverage at affordable contribution levels
- Dental plans that fit your needs and cover services most colleagues can really use
- Pharmacy coverage for prescriptions that includes no-copay for certain medications
- Well Credit program which allows colleagues to earn significant discounts on their contribution amount as a reward for living a healthy lifestyle
- Vision plans for colleagues and their dependents who wear corrective lenses
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Ability to purchase additional life insurance for colleagues and their dependents beyond what Canyon Ranch already provides
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for colleagues and family members
- Vacation -Sick-Holiday
- Lifeline Loans
Location: Lenox, MA Resort
Internal status: FT
Anticipated hrs/week: 40