Yamaha Corporation of America Group Piano Teacher in Lexington, Massachusetts
Yamaha has endeavored to produce products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of people worldwide. Its products and services are recognized for superior quality in acoustics, design, technology, craftsmanship, and customer oriented services. These products and services under the brand name of Yamaha are highly regarded by a large number of professionals, institutions, business people within the related industries, and consumers! Yamaha's corporate objective is reflected in everything that it does, which is to contribute to the enrichment of the quality of lives for people around the world.
Working for the global leader in the music industry comes with the prestige of being associated with top quality and award-winning products. It’s also about working in a culture that embraces innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork. We accomplish all of this in a fun and family-oriented environment where we deeply embrace the philosophy of helping enrich the lives of all people through music and sound products.
The Yamaha Music School of Boston is seeking a Group Piano Teacher to teach Yamaha Music Education System classes. Training for qualified candidates will be provided.
Job Duties include:
- Teach weekly Yamaha Method group lessons to groups of 5-12 children ages 4-5 and ages 6-8
- This teacher will also work as a private lesson teacher and conduct weekly private lesson instruction for piano
- Necessary skills include keyboard performance, keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight singing and accompaniment, singing while accompanying oneself on piano, transposition, aural skills and knowledge of music theory
- To ensure that YMES teachers have these skills, all candidates will be asked to take the Teacher Candidate Exam prior to beginning work
- The Group Piano Teacher will report to the School Director
- Complete administrative duties and submit required work according to the faculty handbook
- Maintain ongoing communications and an active dialogue with school families
- In collaboration with the Administrative staff and YMES Education Specialists, advise students and parents on education matters
- Participate in performances and recitals
- Attend school meetings and required seminars or trainings
- Contributes to a teaching staff that is committed, positive, and works well as a team environment
- Maintain an active and visible professional profile in appropriate organizations
- Bachelor Degree in music performance and/or education required (MM preferred). Plus a minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience in a professional environment
- Comfortable teaching music to pre-school aged children in a group setting with parents present
- Demonstrate comprehensive ability in piano performance, keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight singing and accompaniment, transportation, aural skills and knowledge of music theory
- Pleasant singing voice and ability to sing while accompanying oneself on piano
- Must show excellent facilitation/communication skills (verbal and written)
- Open to training, feedback, coaching, support and ongoing development in a team environment
- Must be flexible with the teaching schedule provided
- Teaching schedule may include weekday afternoons, evenings, and weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), depending upon school needs and candidate availability, and as determined and scheduled by the School Director
- Have a desire and aptitude for teaching all ages and a genuine dedication to teaching beginning musicians
Application Instructions: If interested in this opportunity at Yamaha Music School of Boston, please submit resume, cover letter indicating why you are a good fit for Yamaha Music Education System, and video links to recent performances. For this position, only links to an applicant performing on piano will be considered.
- Friday: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Yamaha is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Yamaha will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Requisition Number: 17-0213
Post Date: 12/27/2017
Title: Group Piano Teacher
Job Family: Administration