Kronos Instructional Designer III in Lowell, Massachusetts
Instructional Designer III
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Professional Services and Consulting
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to help our customers learn and master our timekeeping and absence management products. The Instructional Designer is a member of Kronos Educational Services’ Core Development team and is responsible for the design and development of standardized education solutions for Kronos customers. Kronos Educational Services (KES) delivers top-quality educational solutions in a blended learning model; Instructional Designers are expected to create content in multiple modalities (virtual classroom, e-learning tutorials, software simulations, etc.) and will have opportunities to keep their skills current. Instructional Designers create education solutions for multiple Kronos products in a variety of vertical industries.
• Use KES design processes, procedures and tools to rapidly design engaging customer education deliverables; coordinate with the Curriculum Lead for the product to ensure alignment with KES design principles
• Conduct Knowledge Transfer sessions as needed to clearly communicate to development resources the proposed design; revise design as needed based on input from development resources; mentor and coach resources toward on-time completion of high quality education deliverables
• Rapidly create impactful standardized course materials using corporate templates, tools and approved methodologies, including but not limited to instructor and participant course guides, job aids, e-learning tutorials, software simulations, learning assessments, and other supplemental learning materials
• Work with Curriculum Leads and your manager to ensure that projects are completed on-time and according to design, development and quality standards
• Conduct cross-functional and other internal reviews and testing to evaluate course ware during design and development
• Stay current in training trends and recommend other training media, methods and approaches to implement new ideas in a cost effective manner
• Attend product training sessions and work with Kronos products in order to become a product expert - As needed, deliver virtual training sessions to help our customers learn and master our timekeeping and absence management products
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; Master’s degree is preferred; formal education in Adult Education or Instructional Design is preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience designing and developing training for software applications in the timekeeping or absence management domain is preferred
• Proven ability to develop software training that incorporates adult learning theories, visual learning design and interactive training techniques; must have experience with development in multiple modalities of instruction including: instructor-led training (synchronous and asynchronous) and e-learning (including for mobile devices); examples required
• Strong oral/written communication and editing skills, ability to communicate concrete and abstract ideas and ability to accurately and clearly present new information are required - Must have the ability to work both in teams and independently, manage multiple projects, juggle multiple changing priorities, demonstrate high attention to detail, and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated proficiency with e-learning development tools is a plus
• Experience delivering software training in an virtual learning environment and/or developing or delivering training for a global audience is a plus
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.