Kronos Instructional Designer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Professional Services and Consulting
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to help our customers learn and master our workforce management product set. The Instructional Designer is a member of Kronos Educational Services’ Global Content Development team and is responsible for the design and development of standardized education solutions for external and internal Kronos customers. Kronos Educational Services (KES) delivers top-quality educational solutions in a blended learning model; team members are expected to create content in multiple modalities (virtual classroom, elearning, webinars, etc.) and will have opportunities to keep their skills current.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand product capabilities and needs of our workforce management users
• Collaboratively design blended learning solutions that maximize learning efficiency and contribute to time to value for our customers
• Rapidly and iteratively create impactful and engaging instructor-led and self-paced course content, such as instructor-led course and lab guides, job aids, elearning tutorials, software simulations, learning assessments, and webinars
• Work with Curriculum Leads and your manager to ensure that projects are completed on-time and according to design, development and quality standards
• Attend product training sessions, collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and work with Kronos products to become a product expert
• Conduct cross-functional and other internal reviews and testing to evaluate courseware during design and development
• As needed, deliver virtual training to Kronos customers following standard lesson plans
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; Master’s degree is preferred; formal education in Adult Education or Instructional Design is preferred
• At least 5 years of experience designing and developing training for software applications and/or as a systems trainer in a similar environment is preferred
• Proven ability to develop and deliver software training that incorporates adult learning theories, visual learning design and interactive training techniques; must have experience with development in multiple modalities of instruction including: instructor-led training (synchronous and asynchronous) and elearning (including for mobile devices); examples required
• Strong oral/written communication and editing skills, ability to communicate concrete and abstract ideas and ability to accurately and clearly present new information is required
• Capacity to comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Can easily change direction and learn quickly when facing new challenges.
• Must have the ability to work both in teams and independently, manage multiple projects, juggle multiple changing priorities, demonstrate high attention to detail, and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated proficiency with elearning development tools. Experience developing elearning in Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise and/or Adobe Captivate is a plus
• Broad knowledge of labor management, HR / Payroll, ERP, Scheduling or similar domain product/systems preferred. Kronos experience a plus
• Experience delivering software training in a virtual learning environment is a plus
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.