UKG (Ultimate Software Group) Instructional Designer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, USA - USA - Remote
Customer Delivery/Implementation Services
Description & Requirements
The Instructional Designer is a member of Technology, Operations, Products, Support (TOPS) Technical Training team and is responsible for designing and developing well-crafted learner experiences and content that conveys ideas, technical/software concepts and processes in a manner that meets learning and business objectives for an internal audience. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing top-quality learning solutions, both eLearning and ILT, have worked in a technology /SaaS environment and is comfortable working at a face pace. This position requires a good balance of being independent and a team player.
• Reports to Technical Training Manager, Instructional Design
• Collaborates with Learning Program Managers to determine most effective solutions and deliver a variety of learning programs including software release training, product training, tools training and new hire onboarding training to internal audiences within established deadlines
• Works with subject matter experts to design technical training curriculum which includes creating course objectives, storyboards, content design, quizzes, assessments etc.
• Applies holistic Learning Experience Design principles to meet internal development needs
• Develops eLearning content using Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline)
• Develops supporting resource material such as job aids and knowledge management content
• Develops general media in support of instructional programs
• Collaborates with tech training team members to meet team and organizational goals
• Expected to create content in multiple modalities (virtual classroom, eLearning tutorials, software simulations, etc.) and will have opportunities to keep their skills current
• Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Instructional Design, Adult Education, or related field
• Proven ability to develop software training that incorporates adult learning theories, visual learning design and interactive training techniques; must have experience with development in multiple modalities of instruction including: instructor-led training (synchronous and asynchronous) and eLearning; examples required.
• 7+ years as an Instructional Designer or equivalent experience designing and developing blended learning solutions (preferably in a SaaS environment).
• Experience developing with Articulate 360, Rise/Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia
• Experience developing instructional graphics, basic animation, video, etc. (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, After Effects, or similar)
• Solid knowledge of adult learning methodologies
• Learner centric. Recognizes learner needs and motivations.
• Proficient MS Office 365 tools; Sharepoint, Powerpoint, OneNote, etc.
• Experience designing internal certification programs a plus
• Strong analytical skills - differentiates ‘need-to-know’ and ‘nice-to-know’ content
• Effective communicator, proactive problem solver and comfortable with speed and change
• Strong time/project management skills. Flexible and possess excellent communication skills.
• Experience working in teams – good balance of being a team player and being independent
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs