Jewish Community Center J All Day Group Leader Educator in Newton, Massachusetts
J All Day is an in-person childcare and enrichment program to support families during the 2020-2021 school year who are learning remotely or in a hybrid model. This program will serve as a safe space for children to participate in the virtual learning provided by their school in a small classroom setting. The program will follow the school's virtual schedule from 8-3pm with special enrichment programming from 3-5pm.
This position is ideal for someone seeking engaging full-time work where they can make a difference in children's lives while enjoying being part of a collaborative, upbeat and friendly community. The Group Leader is responsible for fostering a vibrant and creative classroom where children can enjoy themselves in a safe and enriching environment.
The Group Leader/Educator will work closely with an assistant in the classroom and will be supported by the Family Programming Team. JCC Greater Boston is a fun place to work with a great team of committed professionals and a strong teamwork orientation.
- enjoys and cares about children
- warm, cheerful and nurturing
- flexible, mature and responsible
- skilled at collaborating with others.
- create wonderful memories for 5 to 12 year olds in a vibrant Out of School program
- greet children as they arrive and help them feel welcome
- assist children as they participate in their own virtual learning.
- Lead children's activities such as art, LEGOs or board games
- supervise activities such as homework
- develop activities
- encourage positive social skills
- escort children to enrichment classes elsewhere in the facility
- participate as a team member in Family Programming meetings. In order to meet state requirements, applicants must be age 18 or older and have:
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- A combination of education and hands on experience working with children, which meet state licensing requirements. Based on state guidelines, candidates must have ONE of the following sets of education/experience**
- Nine months experience including three months supervised experience at a school age child care program**
- High School diploma or equivalent + 6 months experience including 3 months of supervision in a child care program
- Bachelor's or Associates degree +3 months experience
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with wonderful children and a great team, co-creating a thriving, creative program, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and sprits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today's Jews and the people in their lives. This valued member of the JCC Greater Boston team serves a key role creating wonderful and safe experiences for children in Newton.
Date Posted: 09/15/2020
Title: J All Day Group Leader Educator
JCC: JCC Greater Boston
Location: Newton, MA