Jewish Community Center J All Day Program Coordinator in Newton, Massachusetts
J All Day is an in-person childcare and enrichment program to support families during the 2020-2021 school year who are learning remotely or in a hybrid model. This program will serve as a safe space for children to participate in the virtual learning provided by their school in a small classroom setting. The program will follow the school's virtual schedule from 8-3pm with special enrichment programming from 3-5pm.
The J All Day Program Coordinator coordinates and oversees all J All Day programs and logistics, ensuring smooth and safe functioning of all programs and supporting activities.
- Possesses a passion for creating amazing experiences for kids
- Flexible, responsive and curious self-starter who is excited to pioneer a new and innovative program model
- Exceptionally strong relationship builder capable of developing meaningful connections with students, their parents, and internal and external program partners
- Detail oriented multi-tasker
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of experiences, which are creative, impactful and highly valued
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the internal JCC Greater Boston team as well as children and parents
- Support achievement of JCC Greater Boston organizational, department and program goals
- Hire, train, and supervise talented instructors and group leaders
- Logistics oversight and coordination
- Oversee and coordinate outreach, recruitment, and program registration in order to grow program enrollment
- Develop and implement enrichment classes and curriculum for elementary aged children (ages 5-12) with input from the J All Day team
- Develop daily schedules
- Ensuring adherence to EEC regulations and safety protocols
- Work with marketing team to identify and connect with families of children in targeted age group;
- Create and implement a communication plan for parents and families enrolled in programs
- Must be at least 20 years old and
- Skills: Leadership, Supervision, Communication, Organizational, Budget Management and Project Management
- Experience in planning, and implementation of programming for children ages 5-12 (see table below for educational and experience minimums). **
- Based on state guidance, must meet one of the following combinations**
- High School diploma or equivalent + one year of experience working with school age children or**
- Associate's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Guidance, Human Services, Nursing, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, Child Psychology, the Arts, Social Work, Sociology, or Child Care +9 months experience working with school age children
- Bachelor's Degree (any field) + 9 months experience working with school age children
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Guidance, Human Services, Nursing, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, Child Psychology, the Arts, Social Work, Sociology, or Child Care + 6 months experience working with school age children
- BA or Masters in field related to education
- Experience with afterschool programming and licensing
- Understanding of child development
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and values.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with wonderful children and a great team, co-creating a thriving, creative program, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and spirits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today's Jews and the people in their lives. This valued member of the JCC Greater Boston team serves a key role creating wonderful and safe experiences for children in Newton.
Date Posted: 09/15/2020
Title: J All Day Program Coordinator
JCC: JCC Greater Boston
Location: Newton, MA