Eversource Energy Instructional Design Supervisor in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of curriculum development for the Electric and Gas Operations departments. Establishes, monitors, and reports curriculum development metrics that drive optimal performance. Works on various projects and oversee vendors and programs.
- Leads a team of corporate instructional designers that are responsible for all phases of course design and development including needs analysis, development of instructional materials and execution. This position also functions as an Instructional Designer with a project load.
- Manages strategic relationships with all stakeholders and partners including Gas Operations, Electric Operations, and HR.
- Identifies and implements curricula design best practices; establishes, monitors and reports initiative metrics and scorecards that drive optimal performance; collaborates with the team to continually assess the effectiveness of instructional methods and technologies.
- Formulates and executes our digital learning strategy.
- Leads/oversees multiple, cross-functional improvement projects to support initiatives or enhance operational effectiveness/learner satisfaction.
- Manages the design, develops and implements training programs through the development of training plans, training curriculums and determines the determination of instructional methods for program execution.
- Works with subject matter experts to design and develop training courses that support initiatives prioritized by Training Director; may require analysis and data gathering with SMEs.
- Identifies and develops the appropriate learning resources including but not limited to job aids, handbooks, demonstration models, multi-media visual aids and eLearning.
- Creates course evaluations to measure effectiveness and modifies course as needed.
- Ability to utilize multimedia technology and e-learning authoring tools (i.e., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, Lectora, Snag-It
- Requires extensive working knowledge of instructional design methods and technologies.
- Requires strong organization, planning, verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Applicant Tracking System (Workday).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, related discipline or equivalent experience
- MBA in Instruction Design preferred
- Minimumof five (5) to ten (10) years of curricula development experience
- Proven success delivering training program results in a fast-paced, high volume environment
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment that requires sitting, standing walking, climbing stairs and using a personnel computer.
- Job may require travel to various company locations and occasional out-of-town travel.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes evaluating, interpreting, organizing, analyzing, planning, designing, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs