Baystate Health Clinical Dietitian I in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health**is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 12,000 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
Baystate Health is seeking a fulltime Inpatient Dietitian to work at Baystate Medical Center.
Professional growth, engaged collaborative team, opportunity to work with top notch clinicians; does this sound like your ideal work environment?
Clinical Nutrition at Baystate Health, works closely with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with assigned patients´ medical program goals and objectives.
*As the Clinical Dietitian, *you will be able to translate evidence into practice with opportunities to learn and grow within and outside the department.
Essential Functions Include:
- Working closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with assigned patients' medical program goals and objectives.
- Providing expert nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocols/guidelines.
- Managing resources in a cost effective manner.
- Participating in performance improvement efforts.
- Maintaining professional competency and skills.
What you will need:
- Bachelors in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related field.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- One to two years’ work experience in Clinical Nutrition preferred.
- MA licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist Required (up to 6 months to obtain if from out of state)
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or eligible for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required.
What do you need to know:
- This is a fulltime position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; weekend and holiday rotation is required.
- This position is located at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80448
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time