Baystate Health Medicine Fellowships Program Administrator in Springfield, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Program Director, the GME Program Administrator supports the graduate medical education program by managing the day-to-day operations by ensuring compliance with ACGME requirements and hospital regulations, to include record/report completion and performance evaluations. Responsible for the efficient and effective supervision of the Residency/Fellowship Program as outlined in the ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) Common, Program and Institutional Requirements. Serves as liaison between residents/fellows, Program Director and Associate Program Directors, faculty and other hospital departments. Ensures that recruitment, orientation, scheduling and credentialing processes are successfully implemented. Assists Program Director(s) with individual resident compliance in academic requirements and hospital regulations. Maintains records/reports and ensures completion of entire evaluation system to include, performance evaluations. Collaborates with Program Director(s) in the development of training programs for residents, fellows, and faculty on all issues related to residency education. Assists faculty with planning and organization of conferences, retreats, symposia, and independently manages special projects as required. Seeks information from program director and key clinical faculty and updates website.
Serves as a resource for residents/fellows by providing leadership and direction to facilitate professional and personal development. These transitions can include, but are not limited to cultural issues, language barriers, and adapting to the rigors of GME training. Facilitates communication between residents/fellows, Program Director(s), key clinical faculty, and Department Chair. Builds trust & respect. Communicates regularly with Academic Affairs-Graduate Medical Education. Has knowledge of organizational development sufficient to assist program leadership in the administration of an education program.
Possesses critical thinking skills along with strong written and oral communication skills. Have exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive professional demeanor. Requires strong, independent decision making and judgment skills.
1) Recruitment, Credentialing; Contracts/Licenses/Visas: Partners with program director to establish recruitment policies and selection criteria. Independently screens candidates for interview using selection criteria. Continues to seek knowledge in the use of ERAS, using filters. Submits rank list to NRMP. Distributes, collects and tracks contracts, licenses, visas; submits to Academic Affairs with program director oversight.
2) Residents Schedules/Duty Hours: Obtains and /or creates annual residents' schedules and enters into New Innovations. Runs monthly New Innovations reports on resident duty hours and reports any non-compliance discrepancies to program director. Attends New Innovations training/NI webinars training.
3) Resident Fellow Curriculum/Conferences: Updates goals/ objectives; coordinates resident/fellow conferences, books meeting rooms, prepares conference calendar in New Innovations, and informs key stakeholders. Takes conference attendance in New Innovations.
4) Residency Evaluation/Portfolio: Has basic knowledge of the various evaluation systems. Distributes monthly evaluations. Builds questionnaires & matches to appropriate residents/faculty/nurse, etc. Maintains resident's personal portfolio in New Innovations.
5) Residents' Scholarly Activity/Faculty Research: Assist residents with research initiatives; collaborates with Program Director & residents in presentation of posters, publications, etc. prior to submission. Captures individual resident/faculty activity. Verifies that resident/fellow and faculty scholarly activity is recorded in ScholarlyPubs.org
6) ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) Accreditation & Annual Reporting: Has knowledge of ACGME institutional, program specific and common requirements. Maintains ACGME WedAds data on a continuing basis. Assists Program Director in data collection, inputting information into annual national surveys (FREIDA, GME & Specialty Board-if applicable) and completion o
7) Medical Students/Other Learners: Collaborates with Clerkship Director in preparation of schedule & distribution & collection of evaluations. Attends UMEC meetings.
8) Professional Development/Training: Attends and participates in monthly GME Program Administrator meetings. Attends national ACGME meeting within first year of hire. Seeks help from colleague coordinators and seeks/completes additional educational training to promote professional development. May obtain TAGME (Training Administrator of Graduate Medical Education) certification.
9) Budgets: Basic knowledge of accounting/budget process. Track resident/fellow PEA (Professional education account) and prepare annual report of usage for Academic Affairs.
Required Work Experience:
1) Knowledge of medical students and/or graduate medical education
2) 1-3 years of graduate medical education experience in an academic hospital setting helpful
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
2) Superior skills in organization and coordination
3) Ability to work as part of a team
4) Advanced knowledge/skills using Microsoft office, strong database management skills and other relevant software
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs