Baystate Health Nurse Educator Heart & Vascular Critical Care Unit - 83764 in Springfield, Massachusetts
Nurse Educator Heart & Vascular Critical Care Unit
Belong to a stimulating, fast-pace level 1 trauma center with progressive procedures challenging you to deliver education in an innovative way in an ever-changing environment!
You will have the unique opportunity to help shape process work, identify goals and enhance the model of care for nursing at Baystate Health. Empowered and supported by leadership, you will coach, mentor and engage staff as well as provide guidance to nurse managers.
Working in a level 1 trauma, tertiary care hospital, our surgeons are using cutting-edge procedures and equipment, allowing you to grow and be on the forefront of emerging advancements and continuously learning and growing in your craft.
As the Nurse Educator your essential functions include;
· Expert level knowledge and skill in clinical specialty.
· Program development; innovation learning approaches for coordination, facilitation, conduction, and evaluation of orientation, competency and in-service programs.
· Staff development; identify through needs assessment, continuing education opportunities that augment knowledge, skills, and attitudes of all nursing staff.
· Career advancement; guide and mentor staff in career/professional development, role transition and succession planning.
· Research and evidence based practice; conducts, encourages, disseminates, and/or participates in evidence based practice, research and scholarship, including oral or poster presentations and publications. Supports staff nurse evidence-based projects in concert with the Nurse Manager, Nursing Research Director and Nursing Resident Manager.
· Apply educational methods that inspires, transforms and achieves outcomes in staff learning through formal/informal teaching methods (including simulation).
What will you need?
· Master’s Degree in Nursing is required; Doctorate education or clinical nurse leadership is preferred.
· Massachusetts RN license required.
· Health Care Provide CPR certification required. ACLS or PALS may be required in specific areas.
· Specialty Certification required.
· Five years of experience in the specialty/designated patient population is required along with adult learner knowledge and expertise.
· Ability to work collaboratively with staff in assistive roles, professional nurses, physicians, trainees and colleagues in all areas of the hospital.
· Demonstrate quality in clinical performance as evidenced by creativity in problem solving, risk taking and interdisciplinary communications.
The Heart and Vascular Critical Care Unit (HVCC) is a 30 bed unit with 18 dedicated cardiac medical and surgical critical care beds and 12 intermediate level beds for medical and surgical cardiac and vascular patients
HVCC provides a full array of services for the critically ill cardiac patient to include care of the post or evolving MI, immediate and post cardiac surgery care, immediate cardiac interventional care, therapeutic hypothermia for post cardiac arrests, titratable vasoactive infusions, hemodynamic monitoring requiring the use of specialized critical care equipment, and mechanical ventilation support. The majority of our patients have a diagnosis of STEMI, cardiac arrest, CHF, and post cardiac surgery with CABG, valve replacement, and TAVR’s. Our team is trained to support several advanced cardiovascular and critical care modalities including Intra-aortic Balloon Pumps (IABP), Impella CP, 5.0 and RP, LVAD implants with Heartmate 3, Extra-corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), and Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs