Baystate Health Nurse Educator Heart & Vascular Operating Rooms Full Time Days in Springfield, Massachusetts
Nurse Educator Heart & Vascular Operating Rooms Full Time Days
As the Nurse Educator your essential functions include;
· Expert level knowledge and skill in clinical specialty.
· Program development; innovation learning approaches for coordination, facilitation, conduction, and evaluation of orientation, competency and in-service programs.
· Staff development; identify through needs assessment, continuing education opportunities that augment knowledge, skills, and attitudes of all nursing staff.
· Career advancement; guide and mentor staff in career/professional development, role transition and succession planning.
· Research and evidence based practice; conducts, encourages, disseminates, and/or participates in evidence based practice, research and scholarship, including oral or poster presentations and publications. Supports staff nurse evidence-based projects in concert with the Nurse Manager, Nursing Research Director and Nursing Resident Manager.
· Apply educational methods that inspires, transforms and achieves outcomes in staff learning through formal/informal teaching methods (including simulation).
· Master’s Degree in Nursing is required; Doctorate education or clinical nurse leadership is preferred.
· Massachusetts RN license required.
· Health Care Provide CPR certification required. ACLS or PALS may be required in specific areas.
· Specialty Certification required.
· Five years of experience in the specialty/designated patient population is required along with adult learner knowledge and expertise.
Belong to a stimulating, fast-pace level 1 trauma center with progressive procedures challenging you to deliver education in an innovative way in an ever-changing environment!
You will have the unique opportunity to help shape process work, identify goals and enhance the model of care for nursing at Baystate Health. Empowered and supported by leadership, you will coach, mentor and engage staff as well as provide guidance to nurse managers. The Davis Family Heart & Vascular Center has six cross-functional surgical/endovascular suites to accommodate complex and hybrid cardiovascular procedures. Baystate Medical Center experts perform more than 80% of the cardiac surgeries for patients in Western Massachusetts and is among the top three highest volume medical centers in the entire state for coronary surgery and coronary angioplasty.
Working in a Level 1 Trauma Center with Magnet Status and the academic partner of UMassMedical School, we are proud that our surgeons are using cutting-edge procedures and equipment, allowing you to grow and be on the forefront of emerging advancements and continuously learning and growing in your craft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.