Baystate Health PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Resident in Springfield, Massachusetts
The PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency is a twelve-month stipend-based program designed and structured to provide a second year pharmacy resident with a dedicated training program in a specialty practice area. The resident will continue to develop and refine skills acquired in their PGY-1 residency year while learning the skills necessary to practice as a Clinical Pharmacist in a specialty practice area. This position will be filled annually through the 'match' or early commitment process within the guidelines defined by ASHP.
The PGY2 pharmacy resident is a pharmacist in training who provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution, clinical services, teaching and research. The resident provides services consistent with other services provided by other pharmacists at Baystate Medical Center. The residency program is supported by the BMC Department of Pharmacy Services in conjunction with the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
1) Maintain competence in unique aspects of drug therapy for patients in specialty practice area (i.e. self-directed learning).
2) Provide centralized and decentralized medication distribution services to inpatients.
3) Provide medication therapy management and direct patient pharmaceutical care
4) Precept and provide education for PharmD clerkship students and pharmacy residents
5) Participate in research and pharmacy quality improvement initiatives.
Required Work Experience:
1) Completion of PGY-1 Residency Program or a minimum of 3 years experience as a pharmacist with at least 60% of professional time spent with direct patient care
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) In accordance with the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists, the PGY-2 Resident will be required to meet the following five required outcomes:
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Licensed Pharmacist - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs