Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training - Field Engineering & Communications in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position develops and delivers technical training programs for the Field Engineering/Test & Field Communications groups across Eversource. The training programs incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Training development requires working directly with instructional designers and topic Subject Matter Experts to build new curricula. Responsibilities would also include assuring training meets all Eversource and regulatory safety requirements, policies, and procedures, and is consistent with the job tasks performed and knowledge required by employees within the stated functions. Travel to locations throughout the Eversource service territory is expected when scheduled.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Develops training objectives, lesson plans, and training materials consistent with adult learning theory.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training programs and makes improvements as necessary.
- Evaluates student performance during training and follows up on learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Requires technical knowledge of utility transmission and distribution (T&D) system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Requires understanding of T&D system protection principles and applications.
- Requires understanding of T&D substation relay and apparatus testing.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Requires leadership and coaching abilities.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License, D.O.T. preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs