Children of America Pre-K Teacher, MA -Certified- Must Be EEC Certified-$500 Sign on Bonus! in Tewksbury, Massachusetts
* Fields Are Required
Job Title : Pre-K Teacher/ Lead/Certified/ Assistant- All Ages
$500 Sign on Bonus:
$250 received upon hire/ $250 received after 60 days (New Hires Only)
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare provider among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
Preschool is the only school environment where play and creativity are more important than worksheets and homework. Preschool teachers use playtime and story-time to encourage social development and teach problem-solving skills. The supplies of a preschool teacher are quite different from those of other teachers. They use crayons and puzzles instead of markers and projectors. They host story time and monitor sandbox play but don't assign homework or act as detention monitors. You'll come home covered in glue and papier-mch, but without papers to grade. Regardless of how infantile your days may seem you will keep a smile on your face and an open mind! Children of America seeks enthusiastic Lead Preschool Teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Apply online today to learn more about how you can join the leader in educational childcare.
Our Teachers Work Together to:
- Develop lesson plans.
- Provide patience with a listening ear
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Building teamwork.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
Qualifications & Pay Scale:
Assistant Teacher -Support Teacher - $14.50 per hour
No classes required
No Experience Required
Certified Teacher- Certified Teacher for Infant/Toddler or Preschool or Both - $17.00 per hour
Teacher Requirement above plus:
3 credits in early childhood development
9 months of classroom experience
Lead Teacher: Lead Teacher qualification for Infant/ Toddler or Preschool or Both - $18.00 per hour
9 credits in early childhood education. Total of 12 credits
36 months of experience with a diploma
27 months of experience if you have an EEC certificate or an Associate Degree in a unrelated field
18 months of experience if you have an Associate Degree in a related field or Bachelor in an unrelated field
9 months of experience if you have a Bachelor Degree in a related field
We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit * Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 02-Mar-2018 to 01-May-2018 (EST)
Location: Tewksbury, MA, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time