Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training in Waltham, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position conducts Overhead line Distribution and URD (Direct Buried) technical training to ensure the safe and effective performance of the Electric Operations employees. Training includes both classroom and training yard teaching and would incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Some development of training material as a Subject Matter Expert with our training design team is required.
Responsibilities would also include participation in testing and evaluation of new tools, materials, and equipment, the ongoing revision and maintenance of standards and procedures, conducting of quality assurance audits and supervision evaluation and certification of field employees.
Classroom and hands-on-training in the Berlin CT Training Yard to include:
Apprentice TMP Schools : pole climbing, pulling and setting poles, aerial device operation, secondary service work, high voltage rubber gloving, running primary and secondary wire, transformer connections, insulate/isolate practices, hoisting and rigging, distribution equipment (capacitors, reclosers etc.), troubleshooting, hot-line tools, pole-shifts etc.
- URD (Direct Buried): secondary voltage splicing/terminating cable, print reading, trenching shoring, fault locating etc.
- New Overhead-line equipment training.
- Yearly refresher training for qualified lineworkers.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Requires knowledge of Overhead line distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm in the classroom and training yard.
- Requires leadership and coaching abilities.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Outlook (email), Word and PowerPoint). These skills can be taught upon hire.
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree or four years of equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Overhead line Distribution and/or Field Service design and/or installation and servicing customers is required. Supervisory experience ispreferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license is required; D.O.T. is preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs