Vinfen Day Program Instructor in Weymouth, Massachusetts
As a Day Program Instructor, your direct care and instruction will support adults with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities or behavioral challenges to achieve goals, overcome barriers, and build life skills in a Day Program or Day Habilitation setting. In contrast to a traditional classroom setting, Day Programs serve as engaging professional care settings in which individuals can receive direct care, individualized therapeutic services and health services all while socializing with their peers for a part of the day. **
**On a typical day, you may assist a small group of individuals at a time with varying levels of need through direct care and facilitation of rehabilitative activities. Your work may focus on developmental skill training in self care, self-direction, independent living skills, maintaining hygiene, toileting or first aid. You may also work with individuals on improving communication, socialization, fine-and-gross motor skills, and providing enrichment through activities based around art, music, and horticulture.
Our Day Program positions offer great weekday 8 am -- 4pm schedules and emphasize team work, socialization and relationship building.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Day Habilitation, day time, direct care, mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery, DayPrograms
- High School diploma or GED required. A bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Services, Special Education or related field preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working with similar population.
- Strong time management, organizational and writing skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment (if applicable). Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, and national fingerprinting background check.
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:00pm
POSITION TYPE: Part time - Regular
Pay Rate: $14.00 / hour